Monday, August 6, 2012

Update

Okay...so it's been forever since I've updated this blog. The last post I wrote was while I was still overseas. So much has changed since then. Let me see if I can recap what all has been going on in my life over the past 6 months or so.
  • I have graduated from Cedarville University with a degree in Early Childhood Education.
  • When I left teaching overseas last fall I felt God calling me to go back so, hopefully in two weeks I will be boarding a plane to teach for the year.
  • This summer has been spent working at my favorite place, Target, and raising support for the upcoming school year. 
I believe to sum it up that's about all that is new in my life. This summer has gone by very quickly and I cannot believe I will be teaching overseas in just a few weeks. I still have not been cleared to buy my plane ticket due to being under supported financially. However, I know God has called me to this school and that He will provide. Initially I thought I would be teaching the lower elementary reading and phonics, but found out this week that has changed just a bit. I will now be teaching Preschool phonics, Kindergarten phonics, Second grade grammar, 7th grade Social Studies and 7th/8th grade girls PE. At first I was a little nervous about the upper grade classes but have now come to be excited about them. It will be a great way to build relationships with children throughout the school which will be fun.

There is so much to do and so little time, but I am thoroughly excited about heading overseas and seeing my precious students from last school year once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment