Today was the day! I was the full time teacher. For those of you outside the world of education, this means that I taught every subject to my students today. I was the boss and completely in charge. Yes, my cooperating teacher was still in the room and assisted when needed, but I planned and taught everything. Let me say God blessed me so much. It was a wonderful day and couldn't have gone any better. Of course my students weren't perfect, but they were pretty close. They are the sweetest group of kids. All of them are so different and bring a unique quality to the classroom. Every time I get in front of them to teach, I see such beautiful faces staring back at me! I can't help but smile. Some of them talk a little too much, a few space out and I constantly remind them what we are to be doing, others are too quiet and I have to pull them out of their shells, but all of them have grabbed onto my heart strings so quickly. I love to see their little faces light up during PE or music. I love to hear their laughter when I'm explaining that letters should always sit on the bottom line when we practice handwriting. I love to see their toothless grins and hear their stories that really have nothing to do with what we are talking about. These first graders have made such a huge impact on my life. I hope that I will make just as big of an impact on them over the next few months. I pray I always have a smile or loving word for them. They are such precious treasures, that have truly stolen my heart.
One funny story I must add in closing...today was open house, so I was able to meet many of my students parents. One mother came up to me and told me that her son came home telling her all about me. She said he described everything about me, my skin (very white), how tall I was, and he specifically told her that I had hair like noodles. How cute!!! I've definitely never heard that comparison before but thought it was a good one for my blond, very curly hair, that seems to have gotten curly since getting here.
One funny story I must add in closing...today was open house, so I was able to meet many of my students parents. One mother came up to me and told me that her son came home telling her all about me. She said he described everything about me, my skin (very white), how tall I was, and he specifically told her that I had hair like noodles. How cute!!! I've definitely never heard that comparison before but thought it was a good one for my blond, very curly hair, that seems to have gotten curly since getting here.
No comments:
Post a Comment