I have been overwhelmed with the love that my two friends show the little beggar children. My friends here hug and touch these children. When I watched their love in action towards these children I was reminded of Jesus and how He longed to be with children. He chastised His disciples when they wouldn't allow the children to come to Him. How His heart must be sad when we as Christians pass by children like this without even a word. These children are dying for attention and their faces light up when we smile at them and acknowledge their presence. Just think of what a simple hug or pat on the head will do for them. I feel as though our American mindset is to look on these children as dirty and insignificant. But, how dirty and insignificant we are in the sight of a Holy God. And yet, He chose to love and touch us. It is my prayer, that I always have a sensitive heart to those who are outcast or not seen as worthy in our society. I pray my witness to them is the love of Christ and that means touching and hugging those others might pass by.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Let the Little Children Come to Me
I have been overwhelmed with the love that my two friends show the little beggar children. My friends here hug and touch these children. When I watched their love in action towards these children I was reminded of Jesus and how He longed to be with children. He chastised His disciples when they wouldn't allow the children to come to Him. How His heart must be sad when we as Christians pass by children like this without even a word. These children are dying for attention and their faces light up when we smile at them and acknowledge their presence. Just think of what a simple hug or pat on the head will do for them. I feel as though our American mindset is to look on these children as dirty and insignificant. But, how dirty and insignificant we are in the sight of a Holy God. And yet, He chose to love and touch us. It is my prayer, that I always have a sensitive heart to those who are outcast or not seen as worthy in our society. I pray my witness to them is the love of Christ and that means touching and hugging those others might pass by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment