This will probably be my last post before I head out on Saturday. I figure I won't have much time to be writing a blog post in the midst of trying to finish my last few days of work, packing my bags, and spending time with my family before I leave. I honestly can't believe that I leave this weekend. It's hard to believe that all of the talking I have been doing about going overseas and doing my student teaching is actually about to arrive. There is a part of me that is so excited and ready for this adventure. However at least once a day I think "What in the world am I doing?!" and I keep telling myself, it's only 90 days (which is less then if I was back at school). As I have said in other posts, the unknown of it all is quite daunting. As I have talked to friends who have done/are doing their student teaching overseas, I am finding the way I am feeling is normal, which makes me feel so much better. I know that I am going to learn so much. I have already grown so much closer to the Lord over the past few weeks. It's amazing how such an unknown, new experience causes us to rely so much more on Him. I pray that I continue to lean on Him throughout the time I am away and come to know Him in a much more personal way.
I know this post is short, but I can't think of much more to write. This time next week, I will be sound asleep in Asia, about to start a 90 day adventure that is sure to be life changing. Please pray for me as I embark on this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment