Thursday, August 25, 2011

Freaking Out!

Okay, so I would be very foolish to say that I am not just a little nervous about my upcoming trip. The closer my departure date gets, the more I am realizing what I am actually doing. I am flying half way around the world to live for 90 days. AGH!!! How crazy is that. Thankfully I will be meeting two teachers who work at the school I will be student teaching at in Paris and we will fly from Paris to our destination together. That definitely puts my mind at a little ease, knowing I will be traveling with two much more experienced international travelers for the majority of my trip. I think the biggest aspect that is making me anxious is simply the unknown. Though I have been to Asia before, I have never been to this particular city and I have never met anyone that I will be living with or working with for the 90 days I am there. However, I have been in touch with many of my new friends via email and they all have been so helpful and encouraging. It's strange too because when I think about leaving my family for this 90 day adventure I get choked up and want to sit down and cry. I have to keep reminding myself though that if I was going back to Cedarville, I would be gone longer than I'm going to be when I leave in 10 days for Asia. I think again, it all goes back to the unknown and the vastness of this experience. I know I am right where I am supposed to be. Everything has worked out so smoothly, from finances (though that was a hill to climb at the beginning), to getting my passport and visas, shots, insurance, etc. I know this experience is going to be life changing. I will come away with lessons, memories, and experiences that I probably won't know how to communicate or explain to others. I just have to remember to hang tightly onto the Hand of God and allow Him to guide me for the next 90 days (and beyond) so that this experience is all He wants it to be for me. He is the one who brought me to this place and He is the one who will travel with me across the ocean to my destination in Asia. So, even though I am a bit nervous about this endeavor, I shouldn't be because I know God will be flying right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment