"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Bump in the Road
With only 16 days left until I depart to go overseas, it seemed like everything was going along quite smoothly. My airline tickets have been bought, I have all my medications, I have a Dr.'s appointment to get a shot this weekend, and all I needed to buy was travelers insurance. It seemed I was just about set. But then...I received an email informing me that I would need to apply for an Indian visa since on my return flight to the States, in December, I will be stopping in India for a layover. Apparently when I arrive in India in December I will have to walk across the street to another airport to catch my flight to another Indian city, in which I will then be headed home. Because of this, I needed to get a visa. At first I was a little panicked. But, the more I thought about it the more at peace I became. I thought "At least this dear friend noticed that I would need a visa and informed me now. I have time to send off for a visa and for my passport to return before I leave in just 16 days. I have the money to pay for this new added expense, I wasn't expecting. But God has provided for me to get this." I am so thankful that I found out about this now and that my friend realized my route home was different and informed me of what I needed to do. Wouldn't it have been terrible if I had gotten ready to leave in December and realized I couldn't! This whole situation I know was a God thing. Because I have complete peace about it all and know it is all in His hands. (Even though I am anxious to get my passport back, just so I know it's with me). I am so thankful for Him and His provision and protection over His children. I know this one little bump in the road may be the first of many over the next few months, but I also know that during these bumps I can rest in Him because He knows they are coming long before we do. How encouraging is that! I almost feel as if this whole situation is simply a test to see if I really do trust Him. Do I really believe what I have been learning over the past few weeks about Him? Hopefully I pass and will learn more about Him, so when other bumps come I can have a peace about them as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment