"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Three Weeks
It's hard to believe in just 3 weeks I will be in a different country, not to mention a completely different continent, across the Atlantic Ocean. Three weeks from now I will probably be a tad bit jet lagged and getting used to my new way of life for the next 12 weeks. It's hard to believe how in just 8 short days (since my last post) my attitude and outlook on life has changed so drastically. Eight days ago I was trying to figure out what God was doing. Why He wasn't being as real to my as I wanted and why things weren't going the way I thought they should be going? Though there are still days when I wonder what He is doing and why things are working out the way they are, I have a different sort of peace and comfort. I know that everything is going to work out just the way He intends. He has encouraged me countless times over the past few weeks and I thank Him for that!!! Whether it's a Bible passage I am reading during my devotions or a card I receive in the mail, He constantly amazes me at His timing as well as the love He shows even, when I don't deserve that love. I feel more encouraged by Him and closer to Him now than I have in a long time and I am so grateful for it. This time in my life is a time when I am seeing how much I desperately need Him to guide me and direct my path. I hope this journey I am about to embark upon allows me to lean my more on Him and grow closer and closer to Him each day that I am away. It's amazing that when I decided to hand things over to Him and not worry about the little things, everything in regards to my trip is coming together smoothly. I'm not worrying about the little or even the big things and I have a peace and knowledge everything is going to work out fine. And why is this? Because God is showing me that He has everything already planned out and in the palm of His hand. Why should I worry when He is in control?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment